POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 21:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: normdoering
Date: 10 Nov 2002 00:05:02
Message: <web.3dcde797195c50e4178f7f9c0@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3dcd9f8b195c50e4178f7f9c0[at]news.povray.org>,
> "normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> Meaning the platform independent philosophy you guys have is standing in the
>> way of writing faster and more efficient program.
>
>Meaning you don't know anything about what you are talking about.
>Plugins would not make POV faster or more efficient. They would not add
>much at all, except for a lot of platform dependant headaches.

I'm confused. Are you saying a macro that was translated into C code and
compiled wouldn't parse the same size arrays much faster? I know that's not
true. I've done a limited bit of 2D and 3D array coding in C and parsed
larger arrays, written in text, translated to floats, doing more complex
math much faster than POV is parsing the HF_ macros.

Where is the slow down coming from?

Why wouldn't a compiled pluggin go much faster than an interpreted macro?

normdoering